What To Expect
What will Physiotherapy at Flow Physio involve?
A consultation will commence with a discussion of why you have sought physiotherapy treatment. You will be asked questions about what the problem is and how it behaves, in order to get a clear understanding of the possible source/s and causes of the problem.
A physical examination will then take place, where specific posture, movement and stability tests will be conducted to test the structure or structures we suspect may be the culprit.
Once the examination has concluded, the diagnosis will be explained to you, and treatment options discussed. Once the treatment plan has been developed, we’ll commence the treatment during the first appointment.
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothing
- Any referrals of medical reports regarding your injury.
- X-rays and other scans (if available)
- Your private health fund (if you are a member of a health fund)
- List of medication and known allergies.
- Workers Compensation details (if applicable)
Treatment may involve the following:
- Deep tissue therapy
- Posture correction
- Specific muscle strengthening techniques
- Specific muscle flexibility techniques
- Splinting, casting, bracing
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Joint mobilisation and joint manipulation
- Dry Needling
- Neural mobilisation
- Muscle Energy Tecniques
At times, further investigations and referrals may be required. For example, we may need to send you for scans such as an X-ray to confirm or exclude a fracture. In which case a medical and specialist opinion may also be needed. We will recognise when such steps need to be taken and who best to refer you to.
Physiotherapy Initial Consultation
Physiotherapy Standard Consultation
Pilates 1:1 and Duets
Making a Payment
- Major credit cards (AMEX, VISA and Mastercard)
- On the spot claiming available via HiCAPS: At Flow Physio, we have an electronic health claiming facility whereby your private health card is swiped through our terminal, and an immediate health claim is made. Payment of the gap fee can be made with cash, credit card and EFTPOS.